- Vaxart Inc (NASDAQ: VXRT) has introduced new knowledge from the Section 1 trial evaluating its oral COVID-19 vaccine candidate, dubbed as VXA-CoV2-1.
- Information obtained confirmed substantial CD8+ T-cell responses towards SARS-Cov-2 and confirmed cross-reactivity towards numerous endemic coronaviruses akin to 229E, NL63, HKU1, and OC43.
- In a comparative experiment, Section 1 examine knowledge was in comparison with T-cell responses from volunteers subsequently vaccinated with the Moderna Inc’s (NASDAQ: MRNA) or Pfizer Inc (NYSE: PFE) – BioNTech SE (NASDAQ: BNTX) vaccines, indicating the mRNA vaccines induced fewer T-cell responses.
- “The power of T-cell responses towards each S and N proteins, which we focused, leads us to consider that VXA-CoV2-1 provides a promising resolution to variants,” stated Dr. Sean Tucker, chief scientific officer at Vaxart.
- Worth Motion: VXRT shares up 17.5% at $9.42 within the premarket session on the final examine Tuesday.
© 2021 Benzinga.com. Benzinga doesn’t present funding recommendation. All rights reserved.