Right here’s what we’re watching forward of Tuesday’s opening bell.
- U.S. inventory futures ticked down, suggesting that expertise shares will weigh on main indexes after the opening bell.
- Futures tied to the broad S&P 500 index slid 0.6%. The benchmark superior 0.3% on Monday, regardless of declines in big expertise shares. Futures linked to the Nasdaq-100 fell 0.9% Tuesday. Learn our full market wrap right here.
What’s Coming Up
- Earnings are due from
after the shut.
- U.S. manufacturing facility orders for March, due at 10 a.m., are anticipated to rise 1.3% from the prior month.
Market Movers to Watch
shares jumped greater than 13% premarket after the analysis and advisory firm reported first-quarter income and earnings that topped expectations and raised its full-year steering amid value administration and robust demand.
shares rose 1.8% forward of the bell after it reported quarterly outcomes and raised its earnings-per-share steering for 2021.
was additionally on the rise premarket, up 0.8% after it logged bigger first-quarter income and revenue figures, pushed partly by a $3.5 billion gross sales contribution from the corporate’s Covid-19 vaccine.
shares slipped 2.9% premarket. The car-rental firm reported one other quarterly loss and gross sales that dropped 22%.
class-C shares slipped 1.2% premarket. The attire firm agreed to pay $9 million to settle regulatory claims that it didn’t disclose that it was pulling ahead orders from future quarters. It additionally launched its earnings and is now guiding for full-year earnings quite than a loss.
dropped 9.3%. The supplier of teeth-straightening retainers stated a cyberattack final month disrupted the corporate’s operations and can harm its gross sales this quarter.
- The worth of meme cryptocurrency dogecoin rallied about 34% Tuesday to commerce as excessive as 52 cents—a brand new document excessive for the digital asset whose creators by no means supposed for it to have any actual worth. The rally makes all dogecoin in circulation price greater than $60 billion, surpassing the market cap of huge firms like
Tuesday’s worth rise accelerates Monday’s features after buying and selling app eToro added dogecoin for buying and selling.
- Brent crude costs have risen greater than 30% in 2021, and on Tuesday morning ticked up one other 1.2%.
- On today in 1979, the primary fashionable leveraged buyout utilizing high-yield junk bonds—a $381 million deal to take Houdaille Industries personal—was accomplished by KKR. Over the subsequent six years, Houdaille produced a 33.9% common annual return for KKR’s institutional traders.
Chart of the Day
U.S. shares comparable to Tesla,
are attracting traders, as damaging financial institution charges immediate risk-averse Germans to shift their financial savings.
Should Reads Since You Went to Mattress
Copyright ©2020 Dow Jones & Firm, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 87990cbe856818d5eddac44c7b1cdeb8