This is a roundup of prime developments within the biotech area during the last 24 hours.
Scaling The Peaks
(Biotech Shares Hitting 52-week Highs April 20)
- Alexion Prescription drugs, Inc. (NASDAQ: ALXN)
- AtriCure, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATRC)
- BioNTech SE (NASDAQ: BNTX)
- China Biologic Merchandise Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: CBPO) (introduced completion of going personal transaction)
- Dicerna Prescription drugs, Inc. (NASDAQ: DRNA)
- Integra LifeSciences Holdings Company (NASDAQ: IART)
- MacroGenics, Inc. (NASDAQ: MGNX)
- Medtronic plc (NYSE: MDT)
- United Therapeutics Company (NASDAQ: UTHR)
- West Pharmaceutical Providers, Inc. (NYSE: WST)
- Zimmer Biomet Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZBH) (reacted to FDA 510(okay) clearance of the Rosa Partial Knee System for robotically-assisted partial knee substitute surgical procedures)
Down In The Dumps
(Biotech Shares Hitting 52-week Lows April 20)
- 4D Molecular Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: FDMT)
- ADC Therapeutics SA (NYSE: ADCT)
- ADMA Biologics, Inc. (NASDAQ: ADMA)
- Agile Therapeutics, Inc. (AGRX)
- Akoya Biosciences, Inc. (NASDAQ: AKYA) (IPOed Friday)
- Allena Prescription drugs, Inc. (NASDAQ: ALNA)
- Angion Biomedica Corp. (NASDAQ: ANGN)
- Utilized Genetic Applied sciences Company (NASDAQ: AGTC)
- Meeting Biosciences, Inc. (NASDAQ: ASMB)
- Aurinia Prescription drugs Inc. (NASDAQ: AUPH)
- Axsome Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: AXSM)
- Bellerophon Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: BLPH)
- Biomea Fusion, Inc. (NASDAQ: BMEA) (IPOed Friday)
- Biomerica, Inc. (NASDAQ: BMRA)
- Brainstorm Cell Therapeutics Inc. (NASDAQ: BCLI)
- BriaCell Therapeutics Corp. (NASDAQ: BCTX)
- Calithera Biosciences, Inc. (NASDAQ: CALA)
- Celyad Oncology SA (NASDAQ: CYAD)
- Checkmate Prescription drugs, Inc. (NASDAQ: CMPI)
- ChemoCentryx, Inc. (NASDAQ: CCXI)
- Live performance Prescription drugs, Inc. (NASDAQ: CNCE)
- ContraFect Company (NASDAQ: CFRX)
- Design Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: DSGN) (Promote-side started initiating protection following IPO quiet interval expiry)
- Emergent BioSolutions Inc. (NYSE: EBS)
- Enveric Biosciences, Inc. (NASDAQ: ENVB)
- Evofem Biosciences, Inc. (NASDAQ: EVFM)
- Finch Therapeutics Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: FNCH)
- Foghorn Therapeutics Inc. (NASDAQ: FHTX)
- Galera Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: GRTX)
- Gracell Biotechnologies Inc. (NASDAQ: GRCL)
- Fusion Prescription drugs Inc. (NASDAQ: FUSN)
- Homology Medicines, Inc. (NASDAQ: FIXX)
- Idera Prescription drugs, Inc. (NASDAQ: IDRA)
- Inhibikase Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: IKT)
- InMed Prescription drugs Inc. (NASDAQ: INM)
- Karyopharm Therapeutics Inc. (NASDAQ: KPTI)
- Kronos Bio, Inc. (NASDAQ: KRON)
- Lixte Biotechnology Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: LIXT)
- Lucira Well being, Inc. (NASDAQ: LHDX)
- MediciNova, Inc. (NASDAQ: MNOV)
- Metacrine, Inc. (NASDAQ: MTCR)
- Millendo Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: MLND)
- NeuBase Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: NBSE)
- NuCana plc (NASDAQ: NCNA)
- OraSure Applied sciences, Inc. (NASDAQ: OSUR)
- Pharvaris B.V. (NASDAQ: PHVS)
- Pulmatrix, Inc. PULM)
- Sigilon Therapeutics, Inc (NASDAQ: SGTX)
- Soleno Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: SLNO)
- Stealth BioTherapeutics Corp (NASDAQ: MITO)
- Universe Prescription drugs INC (NASDAQ: UPC)
- Vaxcyte Inc (NASDAQ: PCVX)
- VectivBio Holding AG (NASDAQ: VECT)
- Viveve Medical, Inc. (NASDAQ: VIVE)
- Vyne Therapeutics Inc (NASDAQ: VYNE)
- Zymeworks Inc. (NYSE: ZYME)
Shares In Focus
Lilly Declares Presentation of Constructive Part 1/2 Examine of Selpercatinib In RET fusion-positive Stable Tumors
Eli Lilly and Firm (NYSE: LLY) introduced that it introduced on the 2021 American Affiliation for Most cancers Analysis Annual Assembly knowledge from the Part 1/2 trial displaying therapy with selpercatinib demonstrated encouraging antitumor exercise and security throughout RET fusion-positive superior stable tumors past lung and thyroid cancers, together with a number of treatment-refractory gastrointestinal malignancies.
The corporate famous a confirmed goal response price of 47%, with responses noticed in 9 distinctive most cancers varieties. Median period of response was not reached at 13 months, with 11 of 15 responses ongoing, it added. The corporate additionally stated security was in line with the recognized profile of selpercatinib.
Moderna Strikes Deal to Provide Israel Variant-specific COVID Vaccine In 2022
Moderna, Inc. (NASDAQ: MRNA) introduced a brand new provide settlement, with Israel, below which Israel additionally retains an choice to buy doses of one among Moderna’s variant-specific vaccine candidates in 2022, topic to regulatory approval.
This follows two earlier agreements between Israel and Moderna to produce a complete of 10 million doses of the COVID-19 Vaccine. The Israeli Ministry of Well being licensed COVID-19 Vaccine Moderna to be used on Jan. 4.
Lumos Declares Retirement of CFO, Names Insider to the Position
Lumos Pharma, Inc. (NASDAQ: LUMO) stated chief monetary officer Carl Langren, who has been with the corporate for 40 years, has introduced his plans to retire efficient as of July 4. Langren has been serving within the present position since November 2019.
Lori Lawley, at the moment SVP, Finance and Company Controller, will succeed Langren as CFO. The corporate additionally introduced the appointment of Eddie Varnado as VP, Finance and Company Controller.
Evelo Presents Constructive Knowledge for Part 1b Examine of Atopic Dermatitis Drug
Evelo Biosciences, Inc. (NASDAQ: EVLO) introduced full scientific knowledge from the Part 1b scientific trial cohort evaluating EDP1815 for the therapy of delicate and average atopic dermatitis in a poster presentation on the Worldwide Society of Atopic Dermatitis. The total outcomes reinforce the information launched on January 20, demonstrating that therapy with EDP1815 resulted in clinically significant enhancements in each patient- and physician-reported outcomes, the corporate stated.
The inventory was up 1.48% at $11 in after-hours buying and selling.
Trevena Says Its Investigational Asset Included In World Examine For COVID-19 Remedy
Trevena, Inc. (NASDAQ:TRVNA) stated its TRV027 has been chosen for inclusion in a global, multi-site, adaptive, Part 2-Part 3 trial in COVID-19 sufferers.
The inventory was up 4.71% to $1.78 in premarket buying and selling Wednesday.
Humanigen Declares Pharma Trade Veteran Adrian Kilcoyne as Chief Medical Officer
Humanigen, Inc. (NASDAQ: HGEN), which is evaluating its lead drug lenzilumab for cytokine storm related to COVID-19, stated it has appointed Adrian Kilcoyne to the newly-created position of chief medical officer, efficient instantly, reporting to Cameron Durrant, CEO of Humanigen.
He lately served as VP of Oncology World Medical Affairs, Head of Proof Era and Exterior Alliances, at AstraZeneca plc. (NASDAQ: AZN).
In premarket buying and selling Wednesday, Humanigen shares gained 1.18% to $13.70.
Utilized DNA Pre-announces Above-consensus Q2 Revenues
Utilized DNA Sciences, Inc. (NASDAQ: APDN) introduced preliminary estimated second-quarter revenues within the vary of $2.5 million to $2.7 million, up from $1.6 million within the first quarter and $552,000 within the year-ago quarter. Analysts, on common, estimate, revenues of $2.41 million.
The corporate attributed the sequential progress, principally to demand for safeCircle, its pooled COVID-19 surveillance testing program, and from gross sales of its Linea COVID-19 Assay Equipment.
The corporate additionally stated it is at the moment debt free.
Intuitive Surgical, Inc. (NASDAQ: ISRG) stated its first-quarter revenues climbed 18% year-over-year to $1.29 billion, and the non-GAAP internet revenue per share climbed from $2.70 to $3.52, forward of the $2.63 per share consensus.
The inventory rose 3.81% to $842.02 in after-hours buying and selling.
Roche Holding AG (OTC: RHHBY) reported group gross sales of 14.93 billion francs ($16.26 billion) for the primary quarter, down 1% however up 3% on a continuing trade price. Gross sales of its Pharmaceutical enterprise declined in all geographies, and the weak spot was offset by a 50% enhance in gross sales of its diagnostics enterprise. The corporate confirmed its outlook for 2021.
Edwards Lifesciences Company (NYSE: EW) stated its first-quarter gross sales climbed 8% to $1.2 billion and EPS got here in at 54 cents, exceeding the 47-cent per-share consensus estimate. The corporate raised its adjusted EPS steering for 2021.
The inventory added 3.76% to $93 in after-hours buying and selling.
Associated Hyperlink: Consideration Biotech Buyers: Mark Your Calendar For April PDUFA Dates
© 2021 Benzinga.com. Benzinga doesn’t present funding recommendation. All rights reserved.